FOLLOW US ON
The Boulder and the Gold-personal responsibility
There once was a king who decided to do a little experiment. He had a giant boulder put right in the middle of the street. He then hid near the boulder to see who, if anyone, would try to move it out of the way.
First, some wealthy merchants walked by. They walked around the boulder, complaining that the king hasn’t been maintaining the roads very well.
Next, a peasant walked by, heading home with his arms full of food for his family. When he noticed the boulder, he put his groceries down and attempted to move it out of everyone’s way. It took him a while to move it, but he eventually succeeded.
After the peasant gathered up his groceries to carry on home, he noticed a bag lying in the middle of the road, just where the boulder once was. He opened the bag to find that it was stuffed full of gold coins, along with a letter from the king saying that the bag’s gold was a reward for the peasant to keep because he had taken the time and energy to move the boulder out of the road for the convenience of others who would be travelling the road in the future.
The peasant in this story was taught by the king that every obstacle you face offers an opportunity to improve. If you’re able to push through moments that are challenging, you may end up being much better off than you were before you started trying.
This story also offers a lesson of personal responsibility . If you see a job ahead of you, don’t leave it for the next person to do. Rather, step up and get the job done to help the people who come after you.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- How to Stop Being Proud and Have a Positive Viewpoint
- 7 Things to Remember When You Feel Broken Within
- 11 reasons why you should think before you speak
- How to Learn Patience to Control Your Thoughts and Emotions
- 3 Signs of a Successful Marriage (and How to Cope)
- Think outside the box-SMALL STORY
- Your Powerful Words – Use Them Wisely
- 10 Ways To Believe In You And When Life Becomes Rough
- 7 reasons why you always fail at what you do
BEST 👌 Motivational Quotes that will inspire your LIFE ❤️/Motivational Quotes in ENGLISH